Full Service Website Design
Considering a total website overhaul, but worried you don't have the time or money... or both? While there are plenty of "do-it-yourself" web site design services out there, without the knowledge of experienced web designers, you may miss important components to make sure your website:
- Is search engine linked
- Has proper web hosting, and
- Can meet the complex needs of today's consumers (e.g. is optimized for screen readers, including accessible rich internet applications and responsive design).
Balancing your day-to-day workload is hard enough... adding website development and management to the list can lead many to feeling they've bit off more than they can chew.
Here's just a few of the things you'll need to consider when getting your new site up and running:
- Do you have someone to manage the development, design and digital marketing of your site?
- Do you know how to optimize your site for use on various devices, including smartphones and tablets? (This is particularly critical for service-based small businesses who may rely on mobile shopping cart success. If user interface is poor, many may not complete a purchase)
- Do you have someone on board you can link to social media channels, leverage Google ads and monitor those platforms as well?
- Is there someone on your team who can check for important screen reader requirements, emphasize essential elements for accessibility, can understand and implement cognitive disability profile assists and develop with as few limitations possible?The Indy Blitz team has deep expertise in all facets of the website design process. We offer tailored website design services and create custom solutions for a wide variety of businesses that align with budgetary requirements and
Another thing to keep in mind with web development is web accessibility, which simply means: is your website and web tools properly designed and coded so people with disabilities can use them?
The Importance of Accessibility
Unfortunately, many sites and tools are created with barriers that make it difficult or downright impossible for some people to use, especially people who have visual or auditory impairment.
Implementing Web Accessibility
While many components of accessibility are pretty easy to understand and implement, other accessibility solutions are much more complex and take more skill and knowledge to implement correctly.
When we approach web design, we design with accessibility in mind. We believe it's much better to incorporate this from the get-go, rather than going back and trying to do this later.
Here are some of the accessible rich internet applications we help implement when we build websites:
- Text alternatives for non-text content. Some example of text alternatives include short equivalents for images, including special graphic design, as well as icons, buttons or radio and checkbox elements.It may also include checking for accurate form labels (descriptions for social media icons, search icons, cart icons etc.) and user interface components.
- Screen-reader optimization. Screen readers help provide more options for accessing different website components. To turn on screen-reader adjustments, users typically only need to press the Alt+1 on their keyboard.Screen-reader users get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode when they visit a website, which are compatible with popular screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack.
Windows screen readers have three different interaction modes:
- Read/Browse mode. Arrow keys are used for reading, so for example, the down arrow reads the next item or section, while the right arrow reads the next letter. Shortcut keys can be used to jump to common page elements (e.g. the H key moves to the next heading.)
- Forms/Focus mode. Using this mode web accessibility solution, users can interact with form controls using the keyboard. So, if you pressed the H key in Forms mode, the letter will be typed into a text box instead of moving to the next heading. A different audio tone indicates when a screen reader switches from Forms mode to Read/Browse mode.
- Application mode. This allows screen reader users to interact with more complex application widgets. So, if a user is trying to move between sections in a menu, they can use the up and down arrows, while expanding or collapsing can be down with the right and left arrows.
- Screen-Reader Profile. A variety of methods can be used to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers can still access and enjoy a website's functions.A web developer can make the web content accessible by creating a blind users profile, in which a profile prompts automatically.
As soon as a user with a screen reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the profile. This helps them browse and use your site effectively
- Background process scans. By doing this, all a website's images are scanned and provided with accurate alternative text tags for images that aren't described. Meanwhile, Optical Character Recognition technology extracts texts embedded in the image.
So, as you can see, there's a lot that goes into designing for accessibility. We can help you secure more of your customer's business by designing in a way that makes it more usable for more people so you get the conversions you deserve!
Website Design Process & Website Maintenance
When you work with Indy Blitz to create a brand new site, we follow a 5-step process. This includes:
- Discovery. We'll ask lots of questions and figure out key needs such as having an online store, what you're currently doing for digital advertising and what you'd like to see in your website for continued business growth.
- Wire framing. This is the blueprinting phase where we test out formats and flow. This is the time for experimenting and moving things around.
- Development. After we land on a final approved wire frame We get to work building your site.
- Testing and Quality Control. Once we do the heavy lifting, it's time to make sure everything is working properly, looks great, and checks all the boxes.
- Launch. Last, we unleash your new site into the wild, wild web.
After launch, we focus on integrating the digital marketing piece which may include a mix of marketing strategies.
You can also offer a website maintenance package, which provides businesses with regular updates or once-per-month check-ins depending on the amount of support needed.
After website development we can continue providing support and optimization for your website and overall marketing success.
This typically includes a mix of:
Email marketing. Did you know that email still clocks some of the highest ROI of all digital advertising approaches?
Let Indy Blitz assess your current email marketing or help put together new campaigns that'll work best for your business.
Social media advertising. Today, social media is a must-have when it comes to effective advertising, lead generation, and conversion.
Whether it's Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn, the Indy Blitz team can help supercharge your social media game and integrate social media icons within your entire website.
SEO. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an ever-moving target, and to appease the the almighty search engines, it's important to understand what gets you ranked by Google and what may hurt your visibility, which includes knowledge of:
- SEO strategy using goals and analytics
- SEO keyword research
- Creating and optimizing content for search
- On-page SEO basics
- Best practices for search optimization
- Knowledge base around technical SEO
- Off-page SEO techniquesThe good news is Indy Blitz can help with search engine optimization SEO strategies.
Social Media Management
There's no way around it, social media is here to stay, and whether you love it or hate it, it's a critical part of a successful digital advertising strategy.
According to Pew Research, YouTube and Facebook continue to lead the pack, with 81% and 69% of Americans reporting use the sites. Then there's Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn and TikTok.
Understanding Target Audience
With so many platforms, it's easy to get overwhelmed. However, it's not about checking every social media box — it's about understanding your target audience, how they communicate, and what platforms they actually use. We can help you narrow this down and make sure you're using the best ones for your business.
Crafting a Social Media Strategy
Many businesses struggle to reach their target audience because they don't use the right hashtags or schedule posts in advance. Indy Blitz can help you establish an online presence and create a posting schedule that works with the peak times your user and customer base are online.
Social Media Packages
Indy Blitz offers social media marketing packages that give companies access to our team of experts who can:
- Promote content
- Manage communities across multiple networks
- Help your site be more discoverable
- Monitor your site for coding errors/broken links
Not being on top of your social media game can lead to a reduction of online conversions, reluctance to revisit your site and disengagement. Let us help keep your social media strategy competitive and watch your business grow!